Sunday 1 January 2012

Smoothie Semi-Detox Fast!


I'm doing a Semi-Detox Smoothie Fast for about three days. The smoothies consist of fruits and vegetables blended. This morning I had a rather not-so-healthy milkshake consisting of Chocolate Ice Cream, peach slices, a scoop of vanilla yogurt and milk.

I usually start a detox or fast with a milk-based product that's sweet because it enables me to go through the whole detox more smoothly without many slip-ups. Now this milkshake is ONLY taken as a breakfast for THE FIRST day, the rest of the days I will drink a complete health smoothie instead.

Now this is only a SEMI-DETOX meaning that in cases such as my family coming over (which they regularly do) and they bring dishes to eat, I might have a BITE of something to please them. When I tell them I'm on a detox or fasting they think I have an eating disorder and they will stay with me, continuously forcing me to eat. So, it's really complicated and quite frankly stupid, because I can really make my own decisions. Not that they think so...

Also, I'm not going to give up my coffee and tea (with milk). I just refuse. So basically it is just obtaining from solid food and unhealthy drinks (except for the coffee, of which I don't drink too much and milk, which I should really cut back on and will).

So far for the day I had the milkshake and a huge glass of a fruit smoothie. I also had a cappuccino coffee. But that's about it so far and it's now 2:11 PM.

I'll try updating regularly though, throughout the day and everyday if I find the time.

Be healthy, Live long!

Peace babes!

No comments:

Post a Comment