Tuesday 27 December 2011

Cookie Dough and Cake Batter! Random, Pointless Post!


 Suddenly as I browsed the web today, searching for new and innovating recipe ideas to cook tonight, I stumbled upon a cookie recipe. Suddenly I had the craving for cookie dough. 


For me cookie dough is my favorite snack, my favorite sweet.


You know when some women curl up on the couch watching a chic flick with a tub of ice cream? I make myself a bowl of cookie dough. Cake batter is just as good, as long as it's sweet and sticky it's like heaven.


BUT, I usually make my batter without butter and milk (you know, to cut down on fat) and i use minimum flour. It's amazing that even without the eggs, milk and butter, it still tastes exactly the same (with the right recipe that is)


Here is a yummy recipe (totally vegan, meaning no dairy or eggs). Guilt free, fun and satisfying!



Vegan Oatmeal Cookies

 Ingredients:


  • 1 1/2 mashed bananas (which is really yummy, but you can use any kind of fruit or just skip it all together, it will still taste perfect) 
  • 2 Tbsp. Honey
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 dash salt (Though I never put salt in mine, I hate it, I always taste salt in every kind of food and it ruins the original taste for me)
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup raisins or 1 cup dried cranberries  (I only use it if I have it in the house, any other fruit is just as delicious really)
  • 3/4 cup oatmeal 

  Directions:

  1. Blend first 4 ingredients.
  2. Add dry ingredients.
  3. Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
Now all I do is skip step number 3.
Yummy! Enjoy!


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment